Find out what’s new, stayed the same, or changed for a smooth transition and a fluid collaborative work environment.
Welcome back to campus! Whether you’ve been away for a few week or a few months, the below staff resources are compiled to help navigate your return.
Whether returning or new staff, back full-time, or still doing some remote working, please refer to these frequently asked questions and resources for a smooth transition. Be sure to read this helpful information before the first day back on campus to ensure a productive first day.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Have IT support options changed for staff, faculty and students returning to Northeastern campus locations?
- Walk up services for IT is back onsite for any IT assistance needed. In addition, complete around-the-clock Northeastern tech support is still available for faculty, students, and staff. For technology questions or assistance, contact the Tech Service Portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via: chat, email, phone to find answers and explore services.
- The Northeastern Services Now Mobile App delivers Northeastern University’s Tech and Wellness Portal services and support resources in a mobile experience. Conveniently access technical, wellness, and other resources all in one location while on the go. Now Mobile is available for iOS and Android users.
- Should loaned university devices be returned?
- If equipment borrowed to work from home during the pandemic is no longer needed, please make arrangements to return it.
- Is hardware available to be leased on the Boston campus?
- Equipment continues to be available for lease on the Boston campus through Northeastern Locker and Vending Services.
- Have there been any changes to wireless or other network connections on campus?
- Connectivity and the process has not changed for 2FA, VPN or wireless networks.
- For connecting to other hardware and equipment on-onsite, like monitors, and additional information, visit the Connect to Tech page.
- Is printing on campus still available?
Collaboration and Meetings
- What resources are available through Microsoft Teams to plan meetings and collaborate with participants both on campus and remotely?
- Teams meetings and collaboration spaces enable the Northeastern community to collaborate and meet on any device, anywhere, at any time through resources including:
- Find more information on Tips for Productive, Flexible, and Collaborative Meetings here.
- What is available on campus for meeting collaboration spaces including spaces for the day to work onsite? Do these spaces need to be reserved?
- Consider scheduling a Collaborative Space Consultation with a Northeastern Collaboration Expert to learn more about bringing people together in small huddle areas or large meeting and conference rooms. Spaces can be designed and engineered to enhance the experience for both the participants in-person and remote.
- Students, faculty and staff can look forward to learning more about Spaces at Northeastern, the upcoming pilot program for space booking solutions on campus. More information will be available soon!
- How are phone calls on campus made and received?
- Campus phone lines have migrated to Microsoft Teams Calls to make and receive calls at Northeastern. Desk phones and handsets were disconnected then recycled, and headsets provided to enhance the Calls features in Microsoft Teams.
- Will university numbers or extensions work in Microsoft Teams?
- Yes, existing university numbers and department users were migrated to Microsoft Teams Calls. To verify a phone number in Teams, select the Call button, and below the dial pad, the Teams calling number will be displayed.
- What if there is an emergency in a building or classroom?
- Teams calling supports all calls, including emergency calling. For emergencies, including Police and Medical, the Northeastern Police are available 24/7 by calling (617)373-3333. For Fire or any other emergencies, dial 911. Be sure to provide name and location to any emergency services. Blue Phones installed around campus will directly connect to Northeastern Police and Emergency Services.
- What is the process for phone numbers that were forwarded prior to going remote?
- For individuals not on Teams Calls, how does a department make a line request?
- Will the file storage process change while on campus?
- What is happening to the Q Drive?
- The Q drive has started a phased transition. To prepare for this transition, faculty and staff and encouraged to transition files to SharePoint and OneDrive.
- What are the current Wellness Protocols to support returning to campus safely?
- Where do I go to schedule COVID-19 testing?
- Boston-based faculty, staff, and students should use the COVID-19 Test Scheduler.